Today we were tasked to make a debut birthday cake for our group presentation but before that we bought the decoration ahead of time so that we will be able to decorate it to our cake. With our budgeted money we just settled for a little less decor because we do not want our debut cake to look like garbage. Lol!
So, we will start by making our cake and we decided that it has to be chocolate chiffon cake. Here are the ingredients, tools and equipment as follows:
½ cup - Cocoa
¾ cup - Sugar
¾ cup - Hot water
6 pcs. - Egg yolks
½ cup - Oil
1 tsp. - Vanilla
1 ½ cup - Cake Flour
½ cup - Cornstarch
1 ½ tsp - Baking Soda
½ tsp - Salt
6 pcs. - Egg White
1 tsp. - Cream of Tartar
½ cup - Sugar
- Choco: Beat egg yolk till lean in color then add oil, flour, cocoa and vanilla
- Flour Mixture: Mix all the ingredients.
- Meringue: Beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and then add sugar
- Blend flour mixture and Chocó mixture until well mixed.
- Fold in the mixture and the meringue
- Bake for 45 minutes or until done. Set aside.
3 pcs. - Egg Whites
1 ½ cup - Sugar
½ tsp. - Cream of Tartar
½ cup - Water
Combine sugar, water in a saucepan and boil without stirring until it attains a threadlike appearance.